State Policy Description
Policy Components Questions
- 1. Does the state have a portfolio standard? Yes
- 2. Is the standard mandatory? No
- 3. If the state has a mandatory RPS, is the target at least 20%? No
- 4. Does the mandatory RPS's primary tier exclude non-renewable or legacy renewable energy facilities? No
- 5. Does the mandatory RPS apply statewide? No
Policy Component information last updated July 30 2018
One of the oldest and most successful advanced energy strategies, renewable portfolio standards (RPSs) specify a percentage of utility sales or a specific megawatt hour (MWh) capacity to be provided by renewable resources by a specific time. For more information, see the full policy brief.
For more information on the components of the policy see the full policy brief.