State Policy Description
Policy Components Questions
- 1. Does a utility have an energy storage project under construction or online in the state? Yes
- 2. Does the state have a procurement target or requirement for energy storage? No
- 3. Is there a documented process for periodic review of progress toward the state’s energy storage goal? No
- 4. Do the state's interconnection rules include energy storage? No
- 5. Does the state offer incentives or other support to promote energy storage systems? Yes
Policy Component information last updated July 07 2021
Two major trends have enabled increased deployment of energy storage: declining costs and technological advances. State policy can help maximize these benefits through a combination of establishing a framework for easy integration of energy storage into the grid and establishing a marketplace that monetizes the benefits of energy storage for cost-effective investment. For more information, see the full policy brief.
For more information on the components of the policy see the full policy brief.