State Policy Description
Policy Components Questions
- 1. Does the state have a portfolio standard? Yes
- 2. Is the standard mandatory? Yes
- 3. If the state has a mandatory RPS, is the target at least 30%? Yes
- 4. Does the mandatory RPS's primary tier exclude non-renewable or legacy renewable energy facilities? Yes
- 5. Does the mandatory RPS apply to all electric providers? No
Policy Component information last updated July 02 2021
One of the oldest and most successful advanced energy strategies, renewable portfolio standards (RPSs) specify a percentage of utility sales or a specific megawatt hour (MWh) capacity to be provided by renewable resources by a specific date. For more information, see the full policy brief.
For more information on the components of the policy see the full policy brief.